Module 1 - Telnet

Task A - TELNET

We were required to install a telnet client onto our computer. There were 2 recommended types to select from, Windows Telnet and NCSA Telnet for MACS. I chose to install Windows Telnet, then realised it was already on my computer.

I followed all the instructions set-out in the Module Task after realising Telnet was already installed and had no problem locating the required documentation;

  • Next - I had to Telnet to the Deakin Library Database computer. The address is library.deakin.edu.au;

  • Next search by author and find books with author name Bennahum, then print and email these to your Curtin email address, all was going well up until this point, when I could not remember what my Curtin email address was. After several frustrating minutes I remebered when I started the course I actually emailed my email to myself, so voila - back on track.
It felt great that I had completed the sets tasks without too many hitches, until it came to escaping out of the program, after visiting several unwanted screens and having to press numerous buttons, I "finally escaped"...out of the program, it was starting to do my head in a bit".

I found the whole process a little antiquated, way too many buttons to be pressed to get a simple task completed. I like to be able to type in what i'm searcging for and whoila...there it is.

I definitely will not be using this service unless absolutely necessary.
Image from:- http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=telnet&form=QBIR&qs=n#